Podcast 107: I’m a WallWisher, I’m a WallWisher watchin’ Walls Go By . . . .
Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really pissed. She told him “Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!” The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, and brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale. Bob has been missing since Friday.
Only Three Doors
A group of middle school students went on a field trip. They were staying overnight. In the morning, 3 students were missing. The teachers went up to the room. They opened the door and found the three of them sitting in the middle of the room. The teacher asked: Why didn’t you guys come down. “There are only three doors in here,” they sobbed, “one is the bathroom, one is the closet, and one has a sign on it that says ‘Do Not Disturb’!”
On Our Mind:
From the Twitterverse:
- gardenglen RT @maggiev: How to Add Clipart to OpenOffice.org http://bit.ly/cyKPEc AND Free of charge
- gardenglen Can modify http://worditout.com & use w/ MATH! via @nharm
- gardenglen RT @NMHS_Principal Figure This! Math challenges for families http://bit.ly/6X3YV0
- sroseman …like Wordle with more options http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2010/02/word-it-out-like-wordle-with-more.html
- sroseman 16 WOW ways to use wallwisher http://docs.google.com/present
- ShellTerrell Presentation: Prezi for advanced users http://bit.ly/bFpYy4
- butwait RT @Larryferlazzo The Best Tools To Make Simple Graphs Online http://tinyurl.com/pbp39v (I am grateful to Larry on an almost daily basis.)
- sleveo 15 Must-Have Web-Apps for Students: http://ow.ly/127OL #edchat #edtech #highered #learning via @jsuzcampos
- tomshepp 5 Characteristics Innovative Educators Should Mirror: http://bit.ly/bVHC0W
- russeltarr Top 10 Ironic Ads From History: http://tinyurl.com/nn9hnv
- jimwenz Michigan Educators don’t miss this opportunity with Tech Smith. $2 million in software for MI. Educators http://bit.ly/ajgU1N Go TechSmith.
- NCMSA Cool science resource. RT @Bill_Romanos: The @Smithsonian‘s Ocean Portal website http://ocean.si.edu/ via @laurelatoreilly
- DanielPink A Story About Motivation: http://bit.ly/boBbhw (via HBR.org)
- web20classroom Working with groups of students? Need random teams? Try this! http://goo.gl/BgxT (or go directly to Team Maker).
Thanks Alex for the feedback!
Discover the bias within.
Doodle for Google
World Maths Day
This year features an exciting new format with multi-levels for all age groups. Teachers, parents and media are invited to participate for the first time. Can we beat last year’s world record of 2 million students from 204 countries correctly answering 452,681,681 questions?
from Larry Felazzo:
Marvin Marshall, author of the influential education book “Discipline Without Stress, Punishment or Rewards” and the newer book “Parenting Without Stress.”
See also: Responsible Thinking Process by Ed Ford.
16 Ways to Use WallWisher
Events & Happenings:
Calendar of Events:
- NMSA is looking for both an Executive Director and an Assistant Executive Director.
- ISTE Eduverse Talks are the recorded sessions held on ISTE Island every week. Join ISTE in their Second Life conference location for their weekly talks on education.
- The Ohio Middle Level Association will hold their annual conference February 18 & 19, 2010. Jack Berckemeyer will be keynoting.
- The Michigan Association of Middle School Educators Annual Conference is coming up March 4-5, 2010 in Dexter, MI. MAMSE will be celebrating its 40th Anniversary!
- Classroom 2.0’s Live Calendar.
- Second Life:
- Regular Tuesday meetings are scheduled. See the board on the ISTE Island for up to the minute details.
- Video: Educational Uses of Second Life