MSM-106 iPad, Do You?
Most problems can be
Ignored. The more difficult
Ones can be slept through.
I don’t mind being
Teased, any more than you mind
A skin graft or two.
My brain: walnut-sized.
Yours: largest among primates.
Yet, who leaves for work?
Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
I’ve lost interest.
There’s no dignity
In being sick – which is why
I don’t tell you where.
On Our Mind:
- Backup no matter where you are
- Constant access (Computer always has a copy, Access from anywhere with web connection)
- No Flashdrives
- Cross Platform
From the Twitterverse:
- shareski most schools have a few interested and able to post content. Classroom teachers struggle to find time to post
- ChristianLong @shareski Tell ‘great stories’ – period. Anything else is trendy (at best). Tell stories. Tell stories. And then tell stories.
- cookp prezi is offering some pretty sweet (and free) educator accounts. http://prezi.com/profile/signup/edu/
- shareski Multiple video for Skype users. http://bit.ly/58nzQr
- drmmtatom RT @FocusLeadership: “The boss depends on authority – the Leader depends on good will.” Anonymous #fhuedu610
- drmmtatom RT @lclandfield: Six things we always say as teachers – new blog post up at http://bit.ly/a5qeXo
- bhsprincipal RT @tomwhitby: It has never been a question of Teaching in the 21st Cent. It is more about Accepting the 21st Cent. Attitudes. #educon
- Aaron_Eyler “Flipping” Curriculum and how it can revitalize our schools: http://bit.ly/8X5zDC #education #teacher #edchat
- skipz Why don’t more teachers integrate technology more effectively?- http://snipurl.com/u64ku
- bhsprincipal RT @ShellTerrell: Transform the instructors first? http://bit.ly/5zGoM3 via @mcleod
- jimconn Wow. RT @msprincipal62: “Our schools are not failing. They are obsolete–even the ones that score best on standardized tests.” Tony Wagner
- gardenglen Interesting Blog read “Motivating the Unmotivated” http://bit.ly/99GCJS via @educationweek
Mr. See owned a saw.
And Mr. Soar owned a seesaw.
Now See’s saw sawed Soar’s seesaw
Before Soar saw See,
Which made Soar sore.
Had Soar seen See’s saw
Before See sawed Soar’s seesaw,
See’s saw would not have sawed
So See’s saw sawed Soar’s seesaw.
But it was sad to see Soar so sore
Just because See’s saw sawed
Multiple Intelligences Survey
Seven Places to find Free e-books:
Events & Happenings:
Calendar of Events:
- NMSA is looking for both an Executive Director and an Assistant Executive Director.
- ISTE Eduverse Talks are the recorded sessions held on ISTE Island every week. Join ISTE in their Second Life conference location for their weekly talks on education.
- The Ohio Middle Level Association will hold their annual conference February 18 & 19, 2010. Jack Berckemeyer will be keynoting.
- The Michigan Association of Middle School Educators Annual Conference is coming up March 4-5, 2010 in Dexter, MI. MAMSE will be celebrating its 40th Anniversary!
- Classroom 2.0’s Live Calendar.
- Classroom 2.0’s Ning Blog: Archived content is available.
- Second Life:
- Regular Tuesday meetings are scheduled. See the board on the ISTE Island for up to the minute details.
- Video: Educational Uses of Second Life