MSM #33 – Blogging, RSS, Pictures, and more in the Classroom!
News & Events
2009 NAIS Annual Conference
February 25 – February 28, 2009
McCormick Convention Center
Chicago, IL, USA
Schools of the Future: Sailing the Winds of Change
Innovative Practices Across the Curriculum
June 24, 2008
Putting the World into World-Class Education
July 10-12, 2008
Institute for Middle Level Leadership
July 13-16, 2008
July 20-23, 2008
Best Practices for Student Success
July 28, 2008
Fargo, North Dakota
August 6, 2008
NMSA Annual Conference:
October 30, 2008 – November 1, 2008
Conference Blog —- Registration Information
National Teacher of the Year
Michael Geisen of Oregon
John Kline, Jr.
James Bell, Jr.
David Woten, Jr.
Reading First is rated as Ineffective:
An Initiative on Reading Is Rated Ineffective
President Bush’s $1 billion a year initiative to teach reading to low-income children has not helped improve their reading comprehension, according to a Department of Education report released on Thursday.
2. Learn about blogs and create your own – you will use your blog throughout this project.
3. Explore how educators are using blogs to support teaching and learning.
4. Learn about RSS and create your own Bloglines account.
5. Subscribe to blogs in order to keep up with new posts.
Photos and Images
6. Learn about online photo sharing and explore Flickr.
7. Share photos of your own on Flickr.
8. Have some Flickr fun with mash-ups.
9. Use an online image generator to create classroom resources.
A great little program that does a lot with pictures, graphics and words.