Jokes You Can Use:
What is the most popular romantic song for fish?
- Salmon enchanted evening
Thoughts on why English is tough:
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- The farm was used to produce produce.
- The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
- We must polish the Polish furniture.
- He could lead if he would get the lead out.
- The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
- Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
- A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
- When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
- The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
- They were too close to the door to close it.
- I did not object to the object.
- A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
- Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
- I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- District Email: Anthony Loccricio – IT Coach Extraordinaire!
Middle School Science Minute
I was recently reading the October, 2018 issue of “Science Scope,” a magazine written for middle school science teachers, published by the National Science Teachers Association.
In this issue, I read the “Member Spotlight” section where NSTA highlights a middle school science teacher, from across the United States. This month, Mary Colson is featured. She is a middle school Earth Science teacher in Minnesota. Her advice for a new science teacher is:
“Ask for help. Develop your own curriculum and then learn to revise on the fly. Enjoy your mistakes and learn from them. Get plenty of sleep every night. Have fun and laugh with your students every day.”
From the Twitterverse:
Excellent graphic @trev_mackenzie Consider different types of inquiry learning-
A6: Try using the READI framework when planning PD! https://fouroclockfaculty.com/2018/08/the-readi-framework/ … #4OCF #satchat
Teach copyright. Check whether an image can be used – even if it is only used in the #classroom. Use #creativeCommons to make sure that images may be used, and mention the #source of your images. Use this #poster to find the way to proper #copyright usage. Image by CurtisNewbold.
For the 1984 file: Two news anchors at China’s state-run news agency aren’t human
(Kinda like the Chinese Communist Party)
Check out this quick tip for quicker results: Type “drive” in your address bar to access your files https://goo.gl/8w39ns
In observance of Veterans Day, schools will be closed on Monday, November 12, 2018. This is a day when we honor the men and women who have served in the military. #veteransday2018 See my blog about Selfless Service at http://blogs.socsd.org/superintendent/2018/11/09/happy-veterans-day/ …
#mschat every Thursday at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. And as Troy says, “The Twitter never stops!”
Let’s Talk About Reading Logs Again
Library of Congress Project
Get Involved: Volunteer to uncover our shared history and make documents more searchable for everyone.
Build a body
Learn about the body’s systems with this drag and drop game. Choose organs from the organ tray, and place them in their correct position within the body to create organ systems.
Build-A-Body is a drag and drop game where players are tasked with assembling an organ system from a set of organs. Players may then attempt case studies where a functional problem with a system must be linked to the organ affected.
World War I Centennial Resources
Centennial Commission: https://www.worldwar1centennial.org/index.php
The Commission’s mission is to plan, develop, and execute programs, projects and activities to commemorate the Centennial of World War I (WWI).
Over the next five years the Commission intends to:
- Develop educational programs targeted at a variety of audiences and delivered through a variety of broadcast, print and digital media, with the goal of teaching Americans about the country’s most forgotten war.
- Organize activities, events, and symposia to commemorate American involvement in “the Great War.”
- Establish a National World War I Memorial in Washington DC, and bring attention to the thousands of World War I memorials in communities across the country that honor Americans who served in the war.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for the collection and dissemination of information about events and activities related to the Centennial Commemoration.
Bells of Peace App and Activity
Use the app to ring the Bell of Peace 21 times on November 11 at 11:00 am. Or in your classroom on November 12th.
World War I Memorial Video (and fundraiser)
BBC Armistice Day – What Would You Have Done?
Click the Play button below to listen to the show!