Jokes You Can Use:
Where do you learn to make ice cream?
- Sunday school
Did you see the new pencil with an eraser on each end?
- I just don’t see the point
I have a friend who was afraid of elevators.
- He’s taking steps to avoid them.
He’s also afraid of speed bumps.
- He’s slowly getting over it.
You know what really makes my day?
- A full revolution of the earth.
Want to hear a joke about construction?
- I’m still working on it.
I really like sidewalks.
- They keep me off the streets.
What kind of dog doesn’t bark?
- A Hush puppy
When does a Dad joke become a Dad joke?
- When it becomes “apparent”
Facts that Sound Fake but are True
Middle School Science Minute
I was recently reading the March, 2019 issue of “Science Scope,” a magazine written for middle school science teachers, published by the National Science Teachers Association.
In this issue, I read the “Member Spotlight” section where NSTA highlights a middle school science teacher, from across the United States. This month, Brandy Hill is featured. She is a Sixth Grade Science teacher in Oregon. Her advice for a new science teacher is:
“Get looped in, ask questions, and ask for support.”
From the Twitterverse:
Imagine what the world would be if all the educators (state teachers of the year) sitting in the seats of the education committee today actually got to make education policy.
The Beginners Guide to Google Classroom https://www.brightclassroomideas.com/the-beginners-guide-to-google-classroom/ …
“Always compliment a kid when they take a responsible risk & don’t get the best result, like answering a Q wrong. Volunteering to go 1st for a class presentation is also a responsible risk. Seize opportunities to build optimism, confidence & risk-taking.”
Have you tried the new real-time closed captioning feature for #googleslides? If not, try it with @Screencastify Closed captions for the students in the room and a video for the students who are absent to watch later It’s @GoogleForEdu
Summer Skills Sharpening Spectacular 2019 (via http://www.smore.com ) https://www.smore.com/tvnx6 Pick one or present and attend all three. Call for Presenters is on and Registration is Open. Point Pleasant, Marlton and Somerville. Three Great PD opps to share and learn.
Excited to be one of the social media volunteers for today’s @DCculture #PassportDC2019 There are over 50 embassies open today. First stop for me is @EmbPanama_US This is their 1st year participating & are excited to show the world everything about this wonderful country
#mschat every Thursday at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. And as Troy says, “The Twitter never stops!”
The Teaching of Listening Comprehension
Rinvolucri begins with reflections and practical ideas related to getting listeners to give full attention. Several contributions look at the nature of listening materials, and a key theme is authenticity (in the chapters by Besse, Nakić, Dirven, Rixon, and Fish, for example). Other chapters (for example, those by Dudley-Evans and Johns, and Vandermaelen) focus on teaching methodology. Finally, Urbain focuses on needs to teach pronunciation in the context of development of listening comprehension, while Riley concludes with a chapter on using video.
This book is free to download below as a pdf file.
From the “You Need This” Files: Gemini
- Boost productivity: can work with any brand of laptops. No matter it is HDMI, Mini DP/DP or Type C, you just need plug and play.
- Play games on a big screen: allows you to transform any space into your own personal gaming environment. No matter where you are, all you have to do is plug it in and play (supporting Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Smartphone!)
- Turn Android phones into a computer: Scale up your smartphone apps, view images and enjoy HD videos by connecting your phone to. It can unleash your smartphone’s power and turn it into a laptop.
- More usages: is versatile and you can easily find many ways to use it, such as sharing the screen in conversations or displaying more lines for coding.
- Patented kickstand design: It gives rock-solid stability and allows you to use it in both portrait mode and landscape mode.
- Built-in battery: is powered by its own onboard battery that provides power for more than 5 hours. Also, the large battery works as a convenient power bank to charge your other devices anytime.
Silicon Valley Came to Kansas Schools. That Started a Rebellion.
Girl Born Without Hands Won National Handwriting Competition Because Nothing Can Stop Her
Random Thoughts . . .
Personal Web Site