Sasquatch is disrespected by people who question his existence.
- Yeti never complains
Why did the old woman buy a single roller skate?
- She wanted a mobile home.
I was attacked by 1,3,5,7, and 9.
- The odds were against me.
Did you hear about the new metal band. All their songs about people who criticize them while pretending to be their friends.
- The Band is “Back Stabbath”
Here’s a corny one:
What happens when you sing in the shower and get shampoo in your mouth?
- It becomes a soap opera
- *It’s important to note that if you want to be Suave, you need to have a bit of Finesse and keep your Head & Shoulders in the game. Don’t foam at the mouth (that could cause a slip of the tongue).
If anyone gets some canned meat delivered with their groceries, don’t open it.
- It’s Spam
With baseball on hiatus, they are trying baseball with Turkeys vs Ducks.
- There’s a lot of fowl play
A friend told me an anecdote about touching an electric fence.
- It was a short story, but it had a good arc.
How does Spider-Man think of such witty comebacks?
- Because with great power comes great response-ability
What did the pirate say on his birthday following his 79th?
- Aye Matey!
- Statewide Workgroup
- Zoom “Skills”
- Student skills
- Teacher skills – Know the preferences
- Alternates: Big Blue Button, www.jitsi.org,
- What does the Fall look like?
- Parents want responsibility from students
- Student response
- Shawn’s week
- Focus on SEL
- Student Skills in Technology
- Free Stuff
- Professional Development Update
Middle School Science Minute
Middle School Science Minute: Executive Functioning
I was recently reading the March, 2020 issue of “Science Scope,” a publication for middle school teachers, published by the National Science Teaching Association.
In this issue, I read the column “The Forgotten Factor: Executive Functioning and Success in the Classroom,” written by Kaitlyn McGlynn and Janey Kelly.
Executive functioning skills are the skills that encompass our mental control and self-regulation and are controlled by the frontal lobe of the brain.
I would love your help with this. I am hoping to collect data on 500 assistant principals. If you are an AP, would u be willing to take 3 minutes to complete this survey? For everyone else, can u tag an assistant principal you know? I appreciate you!
In honor of International Haiku Day:
Think teaching is easy?
How’s learning at home going?
Sorry is a tough word.
Look for your host, Todd Bloch, to have a middle school topic all ready to go! Make it a strategic part of your personal professional development.
Stuff You Need: The Social Distancing Badge
Get this innovative accessory to your school ID badge!
Stuff You Need: 1350 – Music for a Plague
SEL Resources from Dr. John Spencer
Grab his original graphics for engaging starter topics for your Zoom meetings with students. Catch him on Instagram where he posts quick writing or speaking activities to do with your students in a Zoom meeting.