Never climb into a deep vat of curdled milk.
- You’ll be in whey over your head.
What do you say to your sister when she is crying?
- Hey, are you having a crisis?
Thought for the day: Can you buy chickens on the layaway plan?
I used to be a baby, then I grew out of it.
I really, really don’t like Russian dolls.
- They are so full of themselves
Where do they build Robot noses?
- The Ol’Factory
Why is the alphabet so terrifying?
- A bee sea….
My Czech Mate is surprisingly bad at chess.
Did you hear about Jamie who was arrested.
Jamie: “I’m not saying a word without my lawyer present”.
The officer said: “You’re a lawyer.”
Jamie: “Right. Where’s my present?”
You know what makes me smile?
- Facial muscles.
I have a friend with a Parrot and an Alexa. All day the parrot keeps asking Alexa to play “Free bird”.
Here’s hoping Elon Musk doesn’t become a politician and get involved in a scandal.
- Elon- gate would be really drawn out
Why is Spring the favorite season of trees?
- After a long winter, trees are releafed.
Middle School Science Minute
Middle School Science Minute: Mindful Modeling
I was recently reading the March, 2020 issue of “Science & Children,” a publication published by the National Science Teaching Association.
In this issue, I read the Editor’s Note column “Mindful Modeling,” written by Elizabeth Barrett-Zahn.
She discusses bringing the practice of Developing and Using Models into our classrooms as a communication tool for developing and revealing student thinking.
Reports from the Front Lines
- Educational Disruption:
- Increasing value of Instructional Tech Coaches?
- Future scheduling
- Constructs for “Classrooms”
- Guidelines for Using Zoom with students
- District level suggestions
- Teacher level suggestions
- Alternatives to using Zoom? Viable alternatives?
- Bring back letter writing!
- 116 handwritten, hand-addressed postcards . . . keeping connected in COVID-19.
- Cursive enthusiasts of the world, unite!
- What kind of PD do teachers need based on where this could take us going into 2021 and 2022?
- Dr. Liz Kolb is doing a survey:
- Challenge to our listeners –
- Ideas for holding a Zoom (or other App) COVID-19 Scavenger Hunt!
- Discipline online
- Security of Accounts
- Parent Supports
~ 8 Fantastic Considerations for Leading Remote Learning ~ https://twitter.com/drmmtatom/status/1252724726901989384
So many ways to record yourself and your screen for teaching online…Check out this list of options and instructional resources on Wakelet – Video Options for Teaching Online #Covid19 #teachingonline #onlineteachingtools #edtech https://wke.lt/w/s/UCD9ft via
Look for your host, Todd Bloch, to have a middle school topic all ready to go! Make it a strategic part of your personal professional development.
Our American Voices: Citizenship Choice Board #2
Students make choices on a board that demonstrate four different American values.
April 24, Remembering the Armenian Genocide
Random Thoughts . . .
Personal Web Site