MSM – 117 – Tales from the Web
Qualifications for Presidency
An eighth grade teacher was leading a discussion on the qualifications for being president of the United States. After the teacher commented that a person must be a natural-born citizen, one of the students raised her hand. Does that mean that if you were born by Caesarean section that you can’t be president?
From the Twitterverse:
- drmmtatom 5 Trends in Education Technology Leadership — THE Journal http://tinyurl.com/2a2f9l5
- gardenglen Solar observation spacecraft delivers stunning close-ups of sun http://usat.me?89018
- OCESS State Board of Ed agrees teachers’ address, phone, e-mail shouldn’t be released to public http://ow.ly/1B8z7
- russeltarr Stupeflix: Video creation made easy (does this have an edge over Animoto?) http://tinyurl.com/mw5xta
- mayfieldc Manual to begin using Twitter for social networking; http://bit.ly/a0pUpj
- mayfieldc Wallwisher in a science classroom, ideas for use: http://bit.ly/aJ79Yy
- Concept Wall
- Interactive KWL
- Interactive Science Games
- Project Based Learning
- russeltarr iPhone Apps for Education: A particularly well organised list: http://tinyurl.com/y8hm6ok
- russeltarr World Clock – nice for to have up on the Whiteboard between lessons – http://tinyurl.com/nlmm37
- debralee7 Are You A Teacher or a Babysitter?: http://ow.ly/1BDT6 #edchat (via @Aaron_Eyler)
- mcleod Grading “formative” assessments? http://goo.gl/qW2Q Superb post by @mctownsley
- mguhlin Graphs: Digital Tool Use in Middle and High School http://ff.im/-iW3n1
- bhsprincipal RT @snbeach: New Prof Development for teachers– Don’t teach them; Help them learn by enabling them to build a global network.
- Twilliamson15 #MLE2010
Wacky Web Tales
Relaxed Minds Learn better
America on the Move:
Virtual Owl Pellet:
MiddleTalk: This We Believe
Ning Ends Free Service: (See TechCrunch’s Article)
Texas’ Textbook Influence
Events & Happenings:
#WAMLE10 this Friday and Saturday!
Calendar of Events:
- NMSA is looking for both an Executive Director and an Assistant Executive Director.
- Middle Level Essentials Conference, April 22-23.
- Registration deadline extended to April 16th.
- National Conference: Thursday, November 04, 2010 —Saturday, November 06, 2010 Baltimore, Maryland
- Need a letter to your administrator explaining the benefits of attending NMSA? How about this one?
- Registration forms are now on the website:
- Promotional Materials:
- ISTE Eduverse Talks are the recorded sessions held on ISTE Island every week. Join ISTE in their Second Life conference location for their weekly talks on education.
- The Ohio Middle Level Association will hold their annual conference February 18 & 19, 2010. Jack Berckemeyer will be keynoting.
- The Michigan Association of Middle School Educators Annual Conference is coming up March 17-18, 2011 in Coopersville, MI. Coopersville Middle School is a National Schools to Watch School. (Phone: (616) 997-3400)
- Classroom 2.0’s Live Calendar.
- Classroom 2.0’s Ning Blog: Archived content is available.
- Second Life:
- Regular Tuesday meetings are scheduled. See the board on the ISTE Island for up to the minute details.
- Video: Educational Uses of Second Life