Jokes You Can Use:
How do you make a tissue dance?
Put a little boogie in it.
What did one ocean say to the other ocean?
Nothing. It just waved.
What do you do when there is a sink outside your door?
Let that sink in.
Why should you never write with a dull pencil?
- Facebook: Laura Inkala Miller
Middle School Science Minute
Outstanding Trade Books
I was recently reading the March, 2015 issue of “Science Scope,” a magazine written for middle school science teachers, published by the National Science Teachers Association.
In this issue, I read the article, “Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12.” In the article, NSTA and the International Literacy Association compiled a list of award-winning books. Titles include:
* Beetle Busters: A Rogue Insect and the People Who Track It
* The Griffin and the Dinosaur: How Adrienne Mayor Discovered a Fascinating Link Between Myth and Science
* Handle with Care: An Unusual Butterfly Journey
* Secrets of the Sky Caves: Danger and Discovery on Nepal’s Mustang Cliffs
* The Next Wave: The Quest to Harness the Power of the Oceans
From the Twitterverse:
|Michael Corridor @MichaelCorridor
Flipping the classroom the first week! Students teach the class about their interests!!!!
|Rich Kiker @rkiker|
|Larry Ferlazzo @Larryferlazzo
NEW:Excellent Article On Listening AND Writing Prompt I’ll Be Having Students Use With It http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2015/09/12/excellent-article-on-listening-and-writing-prompt-ill-be-having-students-use-with-it/ …
|Scott McLeod @mcleod
New Web Tool Reads Your Email Drafts and Tells You If You’re Being a Jerk http://bit.ly/1EYwmCX
|Monte Tatom @drmmtatom
Monte Tatom retweeted DigitalJLearning
|#mschat every Thursday at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. And as Troy says, “The Twitter never stops!”|
8 Strategies Robert Marzano & John Hattie Agree On
- Strategy 1: A Clear Focus for the Lesson
- Strategy 2: Offer Overt Instruction
- Strategy 3: Get the Students to Engage With the Content
- Strategy 4: Give Feedback
- Strategy 5: Multiple Exposures
- Strategy 6: Have Students Apply Their Knowledge
- Strategy 7: Get Students Working Together
- Strategy 8: Build Students’ Self-Efficacy
Shutting down on November 1st.
Cute video on misplaced modifiers.
Student Recorded Exchange
What do you think?
Selfie Pedagogy: The Digital Humanities and Selfie Culture
Poking around in this article, I wonder if we as middle school educators couldn’t use something like this to get students to get a perspective outside their own.